Choose your dates
Number of guests
Enter your personal code
37, Promenade des AnglaisNice, France
+33 (0) 4 93 16 64 00
Le Negresco has set itself the objective of offering its guests a tailor-made and environmentally-friendly service. Our environmental policy is at the very core of the hotel's priority strategies, which are based on three principles: reducing our carbon footprint, protecting biodiversity and improving the life cycle of our products.
Working hand in hand with all our suppliers and service providers, we ensure that they are involved in our environmental choices. We are also changing our customers' behaviour by inviting rather than obliging them to embrace this environmental initiative.
• Each year we undertake extensive renovations and improvements to our rooms and communal areas, such as upgrading the insulation and reducing energy consumption.
• We always opt for the most environmentally-friendly solution. To this end, we have adopted a 100% renewable energy policy.
• We are also very vigilant in terms of water consumption.
Every day, we strive to safeguard the biodiversity around us. Indeed, the survival of countless species depends on human activity. This is why environmental awareness is at the very core of our procurement choices.
• For example, we have switched to a range of 100% biodegradable plant-based cleaning products.
• Our gardens are exclusively maintained with products used in organic farming.
• When we plan our menus and wine lists, we use organic or sustainable products wherever possible, and we have opted for the biodynamic viticulture method for our wines.
• Every year, we also sponsor three beehives in order to help protect biodiversity.
• To encourage the protection of flora and fauna, our teams regularly take part in operations to clean up natural areas.
We also focus on the life cycle of our products. Whenever possible, we minimise the amount of waste we produce.
• Before making a purchase, we investigate the availability of eco-responsible alternatives and means of recycling.
• All our rooms are equipped with dispensers for toiletries to reduce the need for individually packaged products.
• We are eliminating plastic and substituting it with plant-based products. For instance, room access cards are now made of wood.
• We prioritise reusable products
• Our food waste is recycled on site and then given to our producers as part of a circular economy approach.
OUR ECO-LABEL CERTIFIED ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
Over the years, our commitments and efforts have been recognised by our determination to retain the European Ecolabel. This certification is the most stringent environmental certification on the European market. Le Negresco is firmly committed to being an example of sustainable development, and we are convinced that this approach is essential.
In 2015, Le Negresco entered the very restricted group of institutions certified as a “Living Heritage Company”. This official certification is a mark of recognition put in place by the French government to honour companies for the excellence of their traditional and industrial know-how. For Le Negresco, it’s the recognition of efforts put forth in recent years to preserve the unique history of the hotel and to highlight the expertise that makes this great institution what it is today.
OUR HEALTH COMMITMENT
Le Negresco has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, Le Negresco has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facility
Sign up !